My plans to do minor note-transcribing and sleep went horribly awry when I picked up Cory’s phone call. What started as an innocent beer turned into two additional glasses of chocolate wine (which, in case you’re wondering, tastes exactly like less-strong Bailey’s). The conversation was good; as much as I’m not supposed to be talking (vocal hygiene!), I can’t help but spend an hour on the phone with that man. And it’s not like he’s doing something else; he’s listening to me, and paying attention, and, more than I could ever dream, relating. Good lord, even if this is ephemeral, I’ll take it. It’s refreshing. It’s nice. It’s … warm & fuzzy. And seriously, when I said I could get lost in conversation between his pharmacist father and social worker mother, I was not kidding. If he and I never speak again, I want rights to the Levine parents.
Anyway, I’m not here to say much (obviously, ’cause I’m in no state to), but I just wanted to reiterate a few points from my day:
1. I am the win at these Drugs & the Brain quizzes. Like TA-next-semester material win.
2. That kid that was in my Stats class is now in my Psych of Prejudice class. I really should get his name…
3. I do my job well. I don’t care what anyone says. I am awesome.
4. Hobbes has got our political system down.
5. I am scared out of my mind of hurricanes. Clearly, I will get into NOVA Southeastern. Just ’cause it’s in Ft. Lauderdale.
6. James O’Leary (the one in my history class, not the one I dated for three years) is just another loser. Not that I cared, just that I need to make a note that it must be the name.
7. I love Christine. And I miss her terribly, even though we didn’t see each other as it were. But she is incredibly talented. (I have proof!)
7. Despite our ups & downs, my mom is still my bff.
8. Alex? A close second.
9. And Cory? FFN. (Fun for now.)
That is all. I make no claims to anything else or the future, because … well, fuck if I know.