I have two 15-card piles of vocabulary left. In an hour, I will have one left. I am taking the GREs in exactly one week from right now (4pm). Bizarre.
1. untenable — indefensible. Jack, Queen, King — they all have armor. But the ten…shit, he’s in some trouble.
2. eradicate — to destroy completely. No more effort for words I know. I’m running on battery power now.
3. iconoclast — an image breaker. If only the image were ironclad.
4. erudite — very learned. Kinda sounds like something you would say down your nose, doesn’t it?
5. acumen — keen; quickness of intellectual insight. Accu-men! At the ready with intellectual insight!
6. shoddy — not genuine; inferior. Those spurs are shoddy! (Spurs from prior definition of spurious.)
7. dubious — doubtful. DUH.
8. banal — trite; commonplace. SAT word. Win.
9. sagacious — wise. Well, I never thought of Bob Saget as wise, but, I guess, maybe, I could think about considering it?
10. engender — to produce. Never know what gender at first, really. Not until you look, at least.
11. shirk — to avoid. Is that what the Koran means? I think it means to pray to another god than their Allah. Which would link it in a way, as one would be avoiding Allah to pray to something else.
12. delineate — to represent by sketch or diagram. De lines, man.
13. unruly — disobedient. Hit ’em with the ruler!
14. ruminate — to chew over again; think over. Ate? Chew? Thanks for the help, GRE 4 Dummies.
15. harbinger — one who foreruns & announces the coming of a person or thing. More like har-bringer. (I know, lame.)
Okay, Im’a get back to getting 5 million points in Slingo, so I can nap and wait for Cory so we can go walking and talking. Im’a miss free time; I really am.